Here's the round-up of this week's #TTOT on "Once in a Lifetime Travel!"
Q1 via toniwonitravels: If money was no object, where would your 'once in a lifetime' trip take you?
- cookiesound: If money wouldn't be an issue, I'd travel for the rest of my life. That would be the most amazing "once in a lifetime trip"
- elle_croft: The moon
- SwannySA: I'd follow in the footsteps of Charlie and Ewan and take the Long Way Down, Long Way Round... and then hit Antarctica
- jenniferlo_: A Mediterranean tour starting in Cote d'Azur & hitting up all the Greek islands
- usemobilese: North Korea, and meet the locals
- MzansiGirl: Would love to do an overland Africa trip by public transport
RachelChaikof: TO THE SPACE!!!!! I want to see the stars, galaxies, and the overview of Earth
- hjortur: To sail up Nile,cont into the jungles,sail Victoria lake,head on to Victoria falls & end in Cape Town
- ivypollock: Castle hopping around Europe
- nikeshashar: Every journey is unique - but nearly everyone has done the south east corner at least once
- toffeebugs: Middle East. now travellers have been on that region even in Iran
- MalloryOnTravel: I believe some places should always remain hard to reach only for those with the skills necessary to do so
- kirstenjh: Most places. The length of time is more of a luxury now than distance I reckon
- freakoutoftown: For my age group, Prague. It used to sound so exotic. Now people go there like its the Jersey Shore
- themorningfresh: Trips overseas have become overrated - which is why I'm working to revive the 'once in a lifetime' idea of the American road trip
- onlyapartmentsD: The Camino de Santiago de Compostela
- familyonbikes: The whole RTW thing used to be HUGE! Now it's pretty common
|Yvette Cendes: Mount Everest Base Camp, Tibet side|
|liz cleere: Sadla Island, Eritrea|
|Jessalyn Pinneo: Throwing myself off Kawarau Bridge, Queenstown|
Q4 via mobilelawyer: If you could only travel to one continent from here to the end of (your) time, which one would you choose & why?
- kelaussie29: Asia - after 15 years exploring it from Iran and Pakistan, to India and SE Asia, it never fails to impress or amaze
- elatlboy: Europe. So many countries, cultures So much history. Great food
- Lozula: Africa, without a doubt. History, wildlife, landscapes, it's got everything
- BudgetTraveller: South America appeals to me ever since I saw Motorcycle Diaries
- beatthebrochure: Europe- so many countries + cultures in 1 continent, never bored
- latinAbroad: Asia - I haven't seen any of it yet. Plus, it includes the Indian subcontinent. DOUBLE WIN
HomeExchangecom: Haven't been to enough places to answer this! But if I had to pick it'd be Australia because you have New Zealand too
- redheadedtravel: South America - mountains, beaches, amazon, markets, and the locals like a party
TopdeckTravel: Since NZ isn't really a continent I'm going to go with Oceania
- JoannaHC: Finding a stranded baby turtle on an empty beach in Queensland and returning it to the water. Didn't have a camera on me. Doh
- JustChuckinIt: Selling everything, quitting my job, and traveling for the first time in my life
- traveldudes: The 1st trip anywhere is just unique & fab. No chance to get the same moment/feeling again
- monaibra: Can't reproduce any of them, but dancing in the rain to a street performer over the Seine in Paris on my honeymoon
InAForeignLand: Probably cooking over and in a fire with a family in a village in Northern Albania
- WanderlandAlex: Swimming with a whale shark for the first time here in Koh Tao! Get chills thinking about it
- travel_bugg: Waking up in a strange room & not knowing where I am, like just now
MagsTheBlogger: Watching old couples get up and dance to a live orchestra in the streets of Venice KelseyIvey: Drinking a 1974 Stag's Leap Cabernet all thanks to tweet invite to a road trip to Napa
- MalloryOnTravel: Snorkeling with killer whales in Tysford, in the Norwegian Lofoten Islands, mindblowing
NewYorkHabitat: Meeting Yoko Ono in Paris was kinda cool
- OrtencaAl: Being offered to marry a man from Timbuktu in exchange for his father's camels
And there you have it, "Once in a Lifetime Travel"!
Next week's #TTOT topic is: "A Weekend Away!" Submit your questions HERE! And don't forget to follow the #TTOT every Tuesday at 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT to chat about all things travel!
As always, a HUGE travel community thank you to our #TTOT hosts and organizers: traveldudes, roniweiss, toddwassel, traveldesigned, insidetravellab, WildJunket, tbloggersunite and mobilelawyer!
Have YOU got anything to add to the "Once in a Lifetime Travel" discussion?
© Connie Hum 2012