Here's the round-up of this week's #TTOT on "What's New in 2012!"
Q1 via Himalfootsteps: What are you most looking forward to in 2012?
smallching: Bhutan in May, Sicily in July
- ivonnenana: My honeymoon in "I still don't know where" :) Maybe Argentina
yjgisaac: Traveling to Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore with my Mom this April 2012
- hjortur: I'm hoping to be able to go to Northern Greenland this year. That is one amazing country
- hyperren: My summer Eurotrip: Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius, and Ruisrock in Turku
- TravelApprentce: Thailand Beaches for my 36th birthday and Angkor Wat this April
- DonNadeau: Taking steam-pulled Grand Canyon Limited train from the canyon to Los Angeles
Q2 via MagellanPR: Name what you think will be up and coming destinations in 2012 and why
- TheTravProject: I look forward to the Middle East and Central Asia to opening up more, especially the 'Stans
- OysterWorldwide: Burma - has first democratic elections for 20 years & is opening up to tourism offering visitors insight into traditional SE Asia
Inga_Ros: Jordan, Croatia and Iceland. All three have seen a rise in tourism and have been getting lots of great coverage
- HomeExchangecom:: As a surfer, it appears the hot travel destinations are Nicaragua, Uruguay, and parts of Africa- Namibia for one
JimODonnell2: I do think it will be India. And I think it will be India for awhile. They have it all and are ramping up the tourism BudgetTraveller: Upcoming destinations: Serbia, Montenegro and Croatia I think are going to be very popular. Ukraine too
- Lozula: New Zealand just after Christmas when The Hobbit movie comes out
Q3 via economy_carhire: What NEW countries/cities/places are on your travel itinerary for 2012?
- mariajessica: Biri Island and Tuguegarao in the Philippines are on the list this year. Planning on a jaunt around Taiwan too
- GoSeeWrite: The tiny Euro countries (Andorra, etc.), Balkans, Iceland, maybe a few North African countries (Libya, Morrocco)
- ScarletWLand: Germany... in Winter... earmuff/warm coat extravaganza I'm thinking
- FreakOutOfTown: Might drop everything and go to Istanbul for a few weeks, which would be a first
giopalatucci: No plans yet but would love to explore some new cities in the US: Detroit, Seattle, Savannah, San Antonio
- zorica_l: Poland, Norway, Canada
elatlboy: Great Barrief Reef debbiejchan: All over Germany, Vienna and Pompeii
Q4 via SustainableTrip: What's your number one must-see destination for 2012?
- LifesGreatAdv: I'd prob say Vietnam before it gets over-run by tourists thanks to the new direct flights from Heathrow
- MyDLondon: Cuba before Communism ends
- alwaysaturdaze: Pamplona for the Running of the Bulls
- viewontravel: Dominican Republic! I'm going for the first time in six weeks
- earthxplorer: Antarctica, I leave tomorrow
- Velcro108: Machu Picchu. Tickets already purchased for March 2nd
Q5 via FareBuzz: How will your travels in 2012 be different than your travels in 2011?
- curlyhezzy: Won't be backpacking solo anymore this year! Partner's by my side
- scoutfinch1: Travel without a plan
- 1step2theleft: I'd like to stay longer in some place and try Housesitting. Where? Possibly in South Africa
- sebaboerner: 2012 is going to be a sustainable year for me: Less flying more overland travels
- goodtravellife: Less trips but more time spent in a place
- dealchecker: This year we'll take more pictures, share more memories and stay longer in more countries
- NewYorkHabitat: More planning will be involved
LandLopers: Hopefully won't differ at all. More exploration of some of the great destinations around the world
And there you have it, "What's New in 2012"!
Next week's #TTOT topic is: "Home Travel!" Submit your questions HERE! And don't forget to follow the #TTOT every Tuesday at 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT to chat about all things travel!
As always, a HUGE travel community thank you to our #TTOT hosts and organizers: traveldudes, roniweiss, toddwassel, traveldesigned, insidetravellab, WildJunket, tbloggersunite and mobilelawyer!
Have YOU got anything to add to the "What's New in 2012" discussion?
© Connie Hum 2012